The TWiM team brings you a bacterium from a Colorado field site that grows on uranium, and copper resistance in the emerging pathogen Acinetobacter baumannii.
Links for this episode
- Kavli Microbiome Ideas Challenge
- Uranium-respiring bacterium from a field site (PLoS One)
- Acid mine drainage (Wikipedia)
- Copper resistance of Acinetobacter baumannii
- ASM Grant Writing Online Course
- TWiM #132: Bacteria learn long division
- Image credit
This episode is brought to you by CuriosityStream, a subscription streaming service that offers over 1,400 documentaries and nonfiction series from the world's best filmmakers. Get unlimited access starting at just $2.99 a month, and for our audience, the first two months are completely free if you sign up at curiositystream.com/microbe and use the promo code MICROBE.
This episode is also brought to you by Drobo, a family of safe, expandable, yet simple to use storage arrays. Drobos are designed to protect your important data forever. Visit www.drobo.com to learn more. Listeners can save $100 on a Drobo system at drobostore.com by using the discount code Microbe100.
Send your microbiology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to email@example.com