This Week in Virology, the podcast about viruses, celebrates its 300th episode on Tuesday, August 26, 2014 with a live recording at the Washington, DC headquarters of the American Society for Microbiology. This special episode will be part of the ‘Microbes after Hours’ series, and will feature the TWiV hosts Vincent Racaniello, Dickson Despommier, Alan Dove, Rich Condit, and Kathy Spindler recording together in person for the first time.
Tuesday, August 26, 2014
Reception from 6-7 P.M.
TWiV 300th Episode Live from 7-8:30 P.M.
RSVP required to attend in person
(To ask a question please tweet it using the hash tag #twiv300. ASM Live is now mobile friendly.)
The Hosts of This Week in Virology
- Vincent Racaniello, Ph.D. (@profvrr) is Professor of Microbiology at Columbia University Medical Center and is the Chair of the ASM Communications Committee.
- Dickson D. Despommier, Ph.D. is Professor Emeritus of Public Health in Environmental Health Sciences and Microbiology at Columbia University Medical Center.
- Alan Dove, Ph.D. left laboratory research to become a science journalist, a job better suited to his short attention span and wide-ranging interests. His work appears in numerous publications, including the Webby-winning New York Academy of Sciences site, several of the Nature journals, and trade publications such as Drug Discovery and Development and Bioscience Technology. He blogs at Turbidplaque.
- Rich Condit, Ph.D. is Professor in the Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology at the University of Florida and is on the editorial board for the Journal of Virology.
- Kathy Spindler, Ph.D. is Professor of Microbiology and Immunology in the medical school at the University of Michigan.