The podcast about unseen life on Earth hosted by: Vincent Racaniello, Michael Schmidt, Elio Schaechter and Michele Swanson.
The TWiM team reviews the microbiological safety of herbs in the United Kingdom, and how a peptide from the milkweed bug binds the ribosome and inhibits bacterial protein synthesis.
Press play above or right click TWiM#105 to download (42 MB .mp3, 58 minutes).
Subscribe to TWiM (free) on iTunes, Stitcher, Android, RSS, or by email. You can also listen on your mobile device with the Microbeworld app.
Links for this episode
- Microbes in whole-leaf herbs (J Appl Micro)
- Antimicrobial peptide blocks ribosome (Nat Struct Mol Biol)
- Bacterial protein synthesis (Micro Mol Biol Rev)
- Antimicrobial peptides (Nature)
- The battle for tryptophan (Front Cell Infect Micro)
- Letters read on TWiM 105
Send your microbiology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to [email protected], or call them in to 908-312-0760. You can also post articles that you would like us to discuss at microbeworld.org and tag them with twim.