The TWiM team focuses on the gut microbiome, from a single member, Akkermansia muciniphila, to the effect of antibiotics on its composition and colonization resistance against C. difficile.
Press play above or right-click TWiM#110 to download (52 MB .mp3, 72 minutes).
Links for this episode
- Agar art contest
- Akkermansia muciniphilia and obesity (Gut)
- A. muciniphilia genome (Biol Direct)
- Alterations of gut microbiota and C. difficile colonization (mBio)
- Science Delivered
- Girls Who Code
- Association for Women in Science
- UMich Host-Microbiome Initiative
- UMich anaerobic chamber room (png)
- Letters read on TWiM 110
Send your microbiology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to email@example.com, or call them in to 908-312-0760. You can also post articles that you would like us to discuss at microbeworld.org and tag them with twim.