This Week in Microbiology (TWiM) host, Vincent Racaniello, sits down with Rebekah Kading and Wyndham Lathem at the ASM Biodefense and Emerging Diseases Research meeting to have a conversation about their work on Rift Valley Fever virus and other vector-borne pathogens, and the evolution and pathogenesis of Yersinia pestis, the agent of plague.
This special episode is available in both video and audio only formats (see below).
Links for this episode
- Rift Valley fever virus risk (Emerg Micr Inf)
- Predicting Rift Valley fever virus transmission (PLoS NTD)
- Culex in New York City (BioOne)
- Early emergence of Y. pestis (Nature Comm)
- Pneumonic plague (Trends Micro)
Press play below to listen to the audio only version. The embedded audio player also includes options for downloading to your device, sharing, and subscribing.
Send your microbiology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to [email protected], or call them in to 908-312-0760. You can also post articles that you would like us to discuss at microbeworld.org and tag them with twim.