Mark Martin returns to TWiM to discuss ways to increase diversity in our field, and the discovery of Borgs, giant extrachromosomal elements with the potential to augment methane oxidation.
Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Michael Schmidt, Michele Swanson and Elio Schaechter.
Guest: Mark O. Martin
Subscribe to TWiM (free) on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Android, RSS, or by email.
Support TWiM by becoming a Patron!
Links for this episode
- Unacknowledged privilege (Mol Biol Cell)
- Black Microbiologists Association
- Beginner’s Guide to Minority Professor Hires (ASM)
- Academic Career Readiness Assessment (UCSF)
- Annual Biomed Res Conference for Minority Students
- Lessons from Plants by Beronda Montgomery
- Giant extrachromosomal BORGS (bioRxiv)
- TWiM Listener survey
Send your microbiology questions and comments (email or recorded audio) to [email protected]