TWiM describes a potential connection between a bacterial protein that damages DNA, and human cancers, and how to synthesize antimicrobial natural products from reconstructed bacterial genomes of the Middle and Upper Paleolithic.
Become a patron of TWiM.
Links for this episode
- Colorectal cancer and E. coli (Nature)
- Natural products from ancient bacterial genomes (Science)
- Underexplored bacteria reservoirs of antimicrobial lipopeptides (Front Chem)
- Fries With That Mammoth Burger? (Mother Jones)
- 25-40 million year old spores (Science)
- 250 million year old bacterium from salt crystal (Nature)
- 1918 influenza with Jeffery Taubenberger (TWiV 966)
- Take the TWiM Listener survey!
Send your microbiology questions and comments (email or recorded audio) to [email protected]